Friday I decided to resurrect my idea for a perforce addin for monodevelop.
I had a number of options, a few weeks ago I started looking at using p4python as a bridge to mono using rpc (I looked at JSON mainly). It seemed possible but for some reason I just couldn’t get going with it. Now, perforce offer a .Net API based on COM so that wasn’t going to work on linux, I decided that this might be a good opportunity to learn c++ so I have started writing a c wrapper around the perforce libraries with a view to using it via pinvoke in the monodevelop addin so I have started creating cperforce and cperforce-sharp.
It is early days yet but I’m excited 🙂